How to Renew your
Minnesota Food Manager Certificate
Questions about renewal please contact:
- Call MN Department of Health at: 651-201-4500
- Email: Tracie.Zerwas@health.state.mn.us
- To print the initial application form click on link in blue ink
When to Renew:
- A Minnesota Food Manager Certificate has to be renewed every three years. Please check your card for the expiration date.
Step 1 Attend Renewal Training:
- Register for a Safe Food Training Renewal Certification course or complete the online course.
- Upon completion of the renewal class you will receive a Safe Food Training Renewal Training Certificate. This Safe Food Training certificate is required to obtain your state renewal card. No exam is required by the state for renewal.
Step 2 Complete the paperwork:
- Complete the Renewal application form
- Include a copy of your Safe Food Training Renewal Training Certificate or your personalized Online Completion Certificate
- Enclose a check or money order made payable to Minnesota Department of Health for the amount stated on the form
Step 3 Mail the paper work to:
- Send a copy of the Safe Food Training or Online Training Renewal certificate, your payment and the application form, to the address on the state application
Tip: We suggest you keep copies of your documents