How to Renew your
Minnesota Food Manager Certificate
Questions about renewal please contact:
- Call MN Department of Health at: 651-201-4500
- Email: Tracie.Zerwas@health.state.mn.us
- To print the renewal application form click on link in blue ink
When to Renew:
- A Minnesota Food Manager Certificate has to be renewed every three years. Please check your card for the expiration date. There is no grace period for renewing, the training must be completed before you expire.
Step 1 Attend Renewal Training:
- Register for a Safe Food Training Renewal Certification course or complete the online course.
- Upon completion of the renewal class you will receive a Safe Food Training Renewal Training Certificate. This Safe Food Training certificate is required to obtain your state renewal card. No exam is required by the state for renewal.
Step 2 Complete the paperwork:
- Complete the Renewal application form
- Include a copy of your Safe Food Training Renewal Training Certificate or your personalized Online Completion Certificate
- Enclose a check or money order made payable to Minnesota Department of Health for the amount stated on the form
Step 3 Mail the paper work to:
- Send a copy of the Safe Food Training or Online Training Renewal certificate, your payment and the application form, to the address on the state application
Tip: We suggest you keep copies of your documents