Frequently Asked Questions
Are Safe Food Training courses state approved?
- Yes the courses are approved by the Department of Health
- The exams are approved nationally by the Council for Food Protection
Are both classes on the same day?
- Yes, customers find it convenient to have both classes on the same day.
- Both classes start at 8:29a.m., with renewal people finishing at 12:29 p.m.
- Certification people are done when they finish the exam. Usually by 4:30 p.m.
How hard is the Exam?
- The exam has 80 multiple-choice questions.
- You must get at least 60 questions correct.
- The key is paying attention in class and doing the pre-study work.
- We have an excellent passing percentage.
In what languages is the NRFSP exam offered?
- English / Spanish / Chinese / Korean
How long is the State certificate good for?
- In Minnesota, the state certificate is good for 3 years.
- In Wisconsin, the state certificate is good for 3 years
My MN certificate is expired. Do I have to take the full class again?
- Go to the navigation bar, under courses click on the renewal application form box.
- Click on the state form and read the information on these pages
- Or contact MDH directly at (651) 201.4500
If I fail the exam can I retake it?
- You may retake the exam 1 time for a $75 fee
- You may either attend the full course or just take the exam
- Call us at (763) 515-7124 to get a retake set up